But it's really an incredible thing. She went from screaming and crying and clinging to me for dear life to actually swimming (with a floatbelt of course). It is such a relief. SUCH A RELIEF. I feel like a 27 pound weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Or off of my bra straps at least. I am not exaggerating when I say that four people (mostly grandma-types) swam/walked over to us today to praise her because they all saw the mess at the beginning, and one lady said the progress was 'miraculous'. Miraculous. Not to be blasphemous but the pool at the Mid-County Y is basically like the river that Jesus was baptized in. Just sayin'. It is really amazing, today in the three feet water she was paddling around like it was her job, refusing to let me touch her, but at Tot Time on Friday where the maximum depth of water was 18 inches, she wouldn't let me put her down and threw a massive temper tantrum when I did, to the point that I put her clothes back on her and left her on a chair for fear that I was going to seriously throttle her if I didn't get away. So yeah. She's a mystery.
Other things not swimming lesson related:
- We 'cut the cord' and canceled our Direct TV service. We have been talking about it for e ver, but just never did it. Over time, I realized that we were paying $78 a month for Doc McStuffins, The Daily Show and Colbert, and occasionally the news when there is a weather event. So now we are streaming things on our Roku and so far so good. I'm getting to watch the first season of The Mindy Project finally, and The Killing is back, we started watching Sons of Anarchy...and we can still watch The Daily Show and Colbert, but just a day later. And really with the news, what difference does a day make? It's all Israel/Gaza/Russia/ISIS/Congress/Obamacare all the time anyway, plus I listen to NPR no less than 12 hours a day. I'm looking forward to getting Amazon Prime and watching some gnarly HBO shows like Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Wire. And my best friend dropped some Doc McStuffins DVD's off at her parents for us to pick up, so pretty soon the kids will be reunited with Lamby, Stuffy and the gang. But it has been a nice break. That Lamby is damn annoying sometimes.
-We are redoing our bathroom next week. And by we I mean our money is paying someone to do it. I am super duper excited, I have hated our bathroom for a while now, and for the last month or two it has gotten really terrible. My hatred, not the bathroom. We planned the remodel around our Michigan vacation, but didn't do a great job planning because we will be home for the demo part. Not home as in in our house, but home as in in St. Louis, have to be at our house at some point to sleep and eat. So who wants to board us for a day and a half? I'm planning on blogging all about it, so when you are laying awake in bed at night, you can think about what my bathroom is going to look like and how beautiful it's going to be. I'll give you a hint, Christian _________.
- I've been exercising at the Y a lot lately, and decided I need to look more official by wearing actually workout clothes, not a bra I bought while I was still pumping and an Anne Taylor outlet tank top. So I went to Old Navy (where I had $30 of credit- I'm not to the point of spending actual dollars on this stuff yet) and got a sports bra and some tops. My problem is with my sports bra- I feel like it gives me crazy, borderline pornographic cleavage, which is not appropriate for public viewing. Jamie swears that is how sports bras are supposed to work (and he also asked that I wear it all the time, which is a hint that something is amiss). It is also quite the process to put it on and take it off. Like I could use at least one additional set of hands, if not three other sets of hands. Besides the fact that I can lick the top of my breasts and I can't get it on or take it off, I'm happy with it. It's not squeezing me to death, and it makes me feel sportier... I'm going to try to find some other big-busted ladies at the Y and see how they look. Hopefully I don't get kicked out first for indecent exposure. Although the motto of the Y locker room could be Indecent Exposure.
And that's about it. Next up: Bathroom remodel! And a trip to Michigan!
No comments:
Post a Comment