Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Random

- Do I have to have a title every time I post? I'm going to try not having one next time and see how it goes.

- I have had this really filthy, inappropriate chant/song that my sorority used to sing during Candlelight ceremonies in my head, and I am always fighting the urge to sing it out loud because the song goes rapidly downhill after the third word, and is totally not toddler-friendly. But I really want to get a group together and just scream it. And then I start to think about that time in my life, when I lived in a 'house' with 40 other women and I get all nostalgic. Even though I'm perfectly happy in my life right now. If only Jamie would sing this dirty chant with me...Could this be the first sign of a mid-life crisis? I think yes. Jamaica, here I come!

- So the highlight of the last two weeks of H's life has been waiting for this new Chugginton episode, Rescue Heroes or something. We have watched it every day since it premiered, and one day- twice in one day. And they only watch two shows a day, so you know this is the hot shit of the moment. Kind of like the Breaking Bad Series Finale for the Disney Junior crowd. And H calls it 'Breakdown Chugginton'. So today it was his turn to pick the show after school and of course when I asked what he wanted to watch he said 'Breakdown Chugginton'. And I said, 'If I have to watch Breakdown Chuggington one more time, I'm going to Breakdown and start Chuggingten drinks.' And no one laughed. But me. They just looked at me annoyed for not turning the TV on right away. Sometimes being a SAHM is unrewarding.

- Our cat Phoebe is missing. It's been almost two weeks, which would not have been unusual five years ago, but it's been a while since she's left and not come back for more than a couple of days. I went to two different shelters to look for her today, although she's not really the type of cat to let herself be caught, and of course she wasn't there. The last room they brought me to at the Humane Society was a room with six cages and right next to the cages is a door that says MORGUE. It was sad. Made me glad cats can't read.

- On a happier note, I google searched my name to make sure that the blog didn't come up and I found this- http://games.crossfit.com/athlete/145568
I don't know if the blog will link to it or not, but if it doesn't it is the Athlete Profile of a Rachel VanDernoot who does Crossfit. Whatever that means. But it is apparently something athletic. She is also 31 and lives somewhere in Europe. But I'm pretty sure she has blonde hair. So basically she is just like me in every way. Crossfitting like a boss.

- My neighbor did this-
I hope you can't tell where I live in this photo. Is there a welcome to Ladue sign anywhere in the picture?
to our fence on his side. Keepin' it classy. I'm thisclose to calling code enforcement, but a friend told me if you call code enforcement on someone, then they come check out your house too and find something wrong. But I live in a palace, so what could be wrong? The story for why he did this is one for a future blog, so get excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if you look in between the yellow house and the white house in the background, and squint your eyes just right, you can see the empty lot where there will someday be a QT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Practically in my backyard, if you ignore the houses and the busy road in between us. New QT and I are going to be like star-crossed lovers, separated by semi-trucks barreling down Page at 40 miles per hour. But it will only make our love grow stronger. I may be a little excited for this. Another possible blog idea was 'Countdown to QT' and would be totally devoted to the construction of my new favorite place on earth and then the CEO of QT would read it and out of gratitude for all the free publicity and undying loyalty/enthusiasm, he would agree to install a 'Fat Free French Vanilla Cappuccino' dispenser in my kitchen and keep it stocked for life. Because really what else is QT good for? Just kidding QT, you know I love you for your crushed ice and fountain Coke Zero. <3

Fin.


2 comments:

  1. Perhaps an idea for a meeting; Let's learn a new song! Are you envisioning it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you go to Jamaica, I'm going with you. Bonus: I know said dirty chant and since I work where I do, there may be some people who know an updated version. I'll have to see if SW flies there...

    ReplyDelete