Title
So another issue with starting a blog for me, was coming up with a name. I've thought about blogging for a while now, but got totally stuck when it came to what to call it. Thanks a lot Creative Writing class, what did my parents tax dollars pay for!?
First, I really, REALLY wanted to go with '...and baby makes five!'
and freak everybody out perpetually, and then I also figured it would be a good hiding technique because if a future boss was looking for me online, he/she wouldn't think that this blog must be written by my incredibly gorgeous identical twin sister who has three kids. Genius, right? A foolproof plan as far as I'm concerned. Mr. Debbie Downer (that's Jamie's code name in this blog) didn't think so. Cue sad music as he stomps on my AMAZING blog name.
Next, I was going to go with 'Double Trouble' or 'Twintastic Adventures' or something equally hoaky, but I was going to do it in a sarcastic way. Because I don't want to live in a world where either of those blogs exist for real. Once again, DD said that no one would get it and that it was dumb. Dumb! These are million dollar ideas folks. This is also around the time when I stopped telling him my ideas.
Then, I was going to try to do a whole Dr. Mom thing, but believe it or not- all the variations of that theme were taken! For serious! It made me feel better that there are more SAHM's out there wasting their degrees, but then I started to really think about it, and the blogs are probably written by heart surgeons who are also moms. Also known as losers. More sad music.
Finally, I decided on Peanut, Buster and Jamie because I call P Peanut, H Buster and Jamie will confuse new readers as to if I am married to a man or a woman and that will add some mystery and therefore $$$. Right? Peanut is a no-brainer as my daughter is the size of a peanut and her name starts with P so alliteration and all. I started calling H Buster Brown when he was a baby, because in my sleep-deprived state I thought saying 'Buster Brown, Man around Town' would be cute, and it is, but only to me. =( And now he's turned into more of a Buster Bluth. Which I'm LOVING! And Jamie is the name of my (shhhhh, it's a secret!), one that I will maintain through the life of this blog and never blow his cover or anonymity.
The End. Of my five-paragraph essay with a mediocre use of transition words. Mrs. Long would be so disappointed in me.
No comments:
Post a Comment