Monday, February 9, 2015

Vacation pizza, all I ever wanted

I've always had a problem with brevity in writing, which was great when I was writing papers in college, but not so great when blogging. I think my problem is that I like telling stories (Did you know I got Best Storyteller in high school? I did. Let me tell you about it...)

So I'm going to try to practice some restraint, and make this a blog of sentences, not stories. This will be good practice for nothing, as it's not really useful in real life and everyone LOVES hearing my stories and they would all be sad if I only started conveying messages in single sentence from, but maybe it will get me to bed sooner. Although we still have The Walking Dead to watch if Jamie ever stops packing. Packing for...

- Colorado!

-Does that count as a sentence? I'm going to say it doesn't.

- Shoot, I'm already breaking my rule. Let's amend the rule.

- To short stories. I give you: Our trip to Beau Jo's Colorado!

- We're going to Beau Jo's tomorrow! I mean Colorado! But most importantly Beau Jo's!!!!!
For those of you who don't know about Beau Jo's, it is the best pizza in the world AND they invented putting honey on your pizza crust, which pizza crust is my number seven favorite food and honey is not really a food so I can't rate it, but it's honey for God's sake, so it's obviously a match made in heaven. I think about Beau Jo's a lot. In fact when I have thought about this trip since we booked it a month or so ago, usually the first picture that comes in my head is a snowy mountain, followed instantly by a picture of pizza. I may have a problem.

- Now this is the sad part of the short story, you see I have already planned our vacation around trips to Beau Jo's; we'll go once tomorrow on the way to Breckenridge, once on Friday on the way back to Denver, and once on Saturday in Denver. This seems reasonable to me. But no-fun-Jamie has already poopooed all my wonderful and detailed planning around pizza, and gave me some major 'tude when I let him in on my fantasy vacation. (I blame it on his hatred of pizza crust) And this is where your girlfriends are better than  your husband, because you girlfriend would never give you any grief about wanting to eat heavy pizza covered in sugar for three days out of your five day vacation, they would be bringing you more damn honey. So all future trips that are centered around food will be taken exclusively with girlfriends.

- When we are not eating at Beau Jo's, Jamie and my cousins (It's really my cousin and her fiancee but I'm just going to go ahead and call them both my cousins for brevity's sake) will be snowboarding and skiing and I will be sitting and watching TV. Or lying and getting massaged. Or browsing and swiping my card. Today Jamie told me that I have a long hair coming out of my nose that I really need to pluck, which is never going to happen because that sounds so painful, so I've just now decided that what he's really trying to tell me is to go get a facial in Breckenridge. Tag that on to the massage and I've killed three hours, while all Jamie and my cousins have done is skied or boarded down a double black diamond or something totally not impressive. I would consider joining them for the double black diamond, but I have nose hair to worry about. And also, skiing is the worst. (I had to be skied backward in a stretcher down a mountain to the Medical Cabin once, but that's a story for another day.) A lift pass costs about $100 a day, and Jamie agreed in his sleep by not blinking or making a sound when I asked him  a few nights ago that I can spend about $100 a day too!!! He's so generous when he's unconscious. Maybe I'll buy him something. Like a pizza from Beau Jo's. Or I'll probably just save that nose hair and put it in his food one night.

Jamie I hope you're not reading this.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment