a- how it could be on Netflix because I thought Hulu had an agreement with Showtime and Homeland is on Showtime.
b- why they would only put season four of a show on, that makes no sense. Unless Netflix is catering to Jamie and I only, as we have seen the first three seasons so really only having season four is perfect for us, and I know we are pretty special and amazing but I didn't know we were THAT special and amazing. But apparently we are. Thank you Netflix!
c- when is the latest season of Louie going to be on Netflix? Netflix executives who are reading my blog, can you please address this in the comments.
To switch back to Hulu, we've been watching the first season of Fargo which is amazeballs. So good. I think that Martin Freeman is just like the best actor ever. He was Tim on the British version of The Office, The Hobbit (?) or maybe just one of the hobbits, Holmes, and now this total jerk with a horrible accent on Fargo. He's the bees knees when it comes to acting. Get this man an Emmy, or better yet just give him an EGOT.
Weezer is coming to St. Louis and I want to go.
I haven't been to IKEA yet, but I did get a catalog in the mail!!!! Progress!
I lost my fitbit at work and I am so sad. I am fully aware that the fitbit was 10% truth, 90% total bullshit/arm movements, but I liked it. I bought into the lie. And now that the lie is gone, my motivation to lose weight is gone too. I was doing so well, Jamie is always telling me how skinny I look and that I should eat more. The only thing that eases my pain is the Garrett's popcorn my neighbors brought me from Chicago. Imagine all the 'steps' I could have brought in from shoveling that into my mouth with both hands!!!! RIP fitbit, you will be missed. But mostly, RIP Garrett's popcorn, I ate the last of you today. You will be missed so very much more than that stupid, lying fitbit.
I'm trying to avoid talking about teaching because I don't know the new rules of blogging and teaching. Or if there are any rules. All I know is some teacher at Central High said something stupid on Facebook or Twitter and then she was all over the local news, and I do not want to end up all over the local news. I will say this:
- It is tiring. My feet hurt, and I bought the most God awful ugly shoes this summer 110% based on comfort and they still hurt at the end of every day.
- I have about two pairs of pants and four shirts that are work appropriate. Five years of SAHMotherhood has drastically reduced my wardrobe of clothes that one should wear in public. I don't know if I have any long pants besides jeans that fit anymore (from all my weight loss), and winter is coming... I have to go shopping.
- But I have this job that keeps me from shopping during the day.
- And the thought of shopping on the weekends sounds horrible. I can see why people shop online for clothes, an idea that has always horrified me, but I may be embracing soon.
- My students are cute. They are mostly really, really well behaved and smart. I am very lucky to be teaching where I'm teaching. I have a boss who is a friend and more importantly a great leader, my coworkers are nice and helpful, and it is close to home. I have to fight the urge to kiss them (don't alert the authorities yet), but it's weird- for five years I've had children to love on and hug on all day every day (I realize this is sounding worse by the word), and it's hard to break that mindset. I did kiss a boo boo on the finger today, so if my next blog post is all about how I am no longer employed, you'll know why.
- I do have a student who every day has told me he loves me so I tell him that I love him too. And I really do love him.
- I teach in a loud voice. I am already a loud talker, but my teaching voice is just naturally loud. Maybe it's from teaching middle school for so long. On my first day in kindergarten one of my kids told me that if I kept yelling I was going to lose my voice. But I wasn't yelling, I was just talking. So I need to work on that. I don't want to be known as the yelling teacher.
- I want to be known as the well-dressed teacher. If teaching in sweatpants and no bra ever becomes a thing, the title will be mine!
- Something that is new to me in the teaching realm is this high-tech thing called youtube. It is all the rage with the kindergarten teacher set. Apparently kindergarteners need 'brain breaks' and the best way to do brain breaks is by watching videos of grown men acting ridiculous and singing nonsense songs. Or acting ridiculous and counting to 100. Or acting ridiculous and spelling sight words.
But right now I have to watch the season finale of Fargo. You betcha!
No comments:
Post a Comment