No seriously, I really can't get enough of five-year-olds. I think it was actually helpful somehow in making the transition from full-time SAHM to part-time SAHM with a large chunk of my day sans children. Because as much as I did enjoy being a lady of leisure for two weeks, I legit missed Harry and Penny and could get a little sad mid-day when I couldn't find anything good on TV to watch. So when I'm in a kindergarten classroom and a kid says/sobs 'I miss my mom' (which some kid is always either saying/sobbing or on the verge of saying/sobbing. I'm dead serious. Always.), I could say 'I miss my kids' and then the student would just kind of give me a strange look and back away slowly. But it was true. It was like a mini-support group except I was giving the student no support and they were giving me support but they didn't realize it/did not want to give me support but I was taking it anyway. A win/win for all!
The first week of working full-time was rough. The second week was okay. And by the third week I loved it. I never missed teaching the five years I was out, really, I never missed it, but now that I know I'm not going back next week I already miss it. I'm going to miss those little boogers. That were always coming out of the kid's noses. And the kids that the noses belong to. My next subbing assignment isn't until the end of the month and is for a friend who teaches middle school science, so I'm excited about that. Because if there is one age group who is notorious for following instructions without wavering from any authority figure, it is middle schoolers. I'm sure it will be a breeze!
I also started teaching Cubbies (three and four-year-olds) in my church's Awana program. It's on Tuesday evenings, we've had two sessions so far, and it's gone really well. Except that I forgot to ask the kids their memory verse which is the core component of the program, but so far, I haven't been fired. H and P are going to Sparks, and they memorized their memory verse which is John 3:16, which I think is pretty impressive. Except for the first few times they said it Penny would say 'For God so loved the world that he gave his only son Jesus, for whoever believes in him shall not perish and have a relaxing life' instead of have everlasting life. Hahahahahaha, religious kids say the darndest things. Jamie is LOVING all of this by the way, I think I can literally see the eyes rolling back in his head whenever the topic comes up, which is any time the kids are awake. You see, the kids got this CD with their Sparks book and it is the new fav in our house. Goodbye Boballoo and KidzBop Christmas, hello an entire song with all the books of the bible in it! Did you know there's a book of the Bible called Lamentations? There is. It's in this neverending song. And the Bible apparently. We are all learning so much! Jamie told the kids that he didn't believe in Jesus and God and Lamentations and I think he was expecting some kind of big reaction, or at least to make them stop playing the CD, but it didn't. Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers... it's a catchy tune.
Harry has his first soccer game tomorrow and he's nervous. I'm nervous too. I don't know why. Luckily the ballpark (soccer field park?) serves beer. My first inclination when he said he was nervous was to tell him he didn't have to play which probably explains my lack of competitive sport playing as a child. I don't get sport. How is it fun again? Please explain.
We bought a new fridge, washer and dryer today. They are all very fancy and high tech and our fridge has a crushed ice setting which is the only thing I remember about any of the new appliances. But we had to buy these things because we are FINALLY ready to rent our old house and need to put our current appliances in there for the future renters. It passed reinspection this week and the management company should have it listed this week. Halle-freaking-lujah. I'll add an Amen when they actually find someone to rent it.
We are flying to Colorado in one week for my cousin's wedding and I cannot wait. We're flying into Denver on Saturday, staying the night with my best friend, going to Manitou Springs (my favorite place ever) on Sunday through Tuesday, leaving for Breckenridge on Tuesday, wedding on Thursday, head back to Denver on Friday and fly home Saturday. It's going to be so fun! We're going to go to this dinky amusement park called the North Pole on Monday, we're going to go to Beau Joe's (!) at least seven times, Jamie's going to run through the Garden of the Gods and I'm going to eat ice cream from the best ice cream shop ever three times a day. Our goal was to be ready to do the Manitou Incline on this trip, but we'll have to save that for a future Colorado vacation. When I have a death wish. Or after my liposuction surgery.Or maybe Jamie and his second wife can do this on their honeymoon. Me and my second husband will cheer them on from the ice cream shop at the bottom.
| How is this fun? |
Penny starts dance again on Monday.
The dog is getting her teeth cleaned on Wednesday.
We have two birthday parties tomorrow. Double cake day!
My twins sale is next Saturday and I'm selling close to 300 items.
We went camping last weekend and now I know what it feels like on the surface of the sun.
I finished watching Bloodline on Netflix.
I think that's all! Update complete!
If it wasn't for that crazy a million miles above sea level crap, I bet it would be fun! I'll stick to the air in Missouri and the ice cream. Cheers!
ReplyDelete