Sunday, March 16, 2014

Assignment Consignment

So I know you have all been anxiously awaiting my next blog post, but I have been super busy with really, top-level important stuff. And by that I mean getting things ready for the annual consignment sale the Mothers of Twins Club puts on twice a year. I love the twins sale. I seriously get super excited the week before, and the morning of is like Christmas. It is the two times a year that I can shop, shop, shop with no guilt because:
a- my kids need clothes (actually just Harrison, Penny can still wear everything she wore last summer. Her smallness is paying off in one area.)
b- the clothes and toys are inexpensive, I've been to many consignment sales and MOTC has the cheapest prices by far.
c- I am not only buying, I am selling, and most sales I end up with a zero balance at the end. So I can spend, spend, spend! And Jamie can't say anything! Not that he ever would because he knows better then to mess with me. I will tear. him. up.

Other things:
- We had our first experience with the stomach flu this weekend and while it was terrible, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Except Penny did puke at a birthday party, but at least her first time will be memorable (and we were on tile, not carpet). And it made me really, really glad that we still have little potties so that Penny could experience all the pleasures of simultaneous vomiting/diarrhea while being hypnotized Despicable Me on TV. It made everything 200% better. I think we'll keep the little potties around until the kids leave for college, just for stomach flu purposes.

- We took the kids to see Frozen today, and I didn't hate it! As far as cartoons go, I will rank it somewhere between bearable and pleasurable. The kids loved it, and Harrison asked one million questions in an hour and a half time period, and literally jumped out of his seat during one of the snow monster scenes, which was hee-haw larious. But it cost us $30. So this means we'll see about one movie in the theater a year. Because I'm way too cheap for any more than that.

- My birthday is in one month and ten days.

- I went to a get together with my old doctoral cohort classmates and while I was really, really nervous about it and feeling like a huge loser and losing sleep over it, it was fine. Fun actually. Although I was told that my six year gap in employment is not going to be good for me when I try to go back to work. And having to paid on a doctorate schedule with said gap in employment is even worse. So maybe I'll never get a job again. Oh darn.

- I have been going to a chiropractor and am a total chiropractor convert now. Like I feel like I should go door- to- door evangelizing about it. Which makes me think of my old friend, the unfortunate Jehovah's Witness that came to my house every two weeks for about three years, which would make an awesome blog post because man was she a hot mess. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment