Penny will be the death of me. And I'm going to blame Jamie for this because he really wanted a girl. Jamie who flew out on Friday morning for work and will not be home until Friday night. That Jamie. (And yes he is working loooong days and working hard, and I truly appreciate it, but I'm allowed to be a little jealous. Especially after today. So there. Love you baby!!!)
Penny has a new found fear of 'beetles'. A beetle could range from an actual beetle, to a fly, to a small piece of mulch, to a caterpillar, to a tiny clump of dirt. Today we went to lunch for Cinco de Mayo and ate outside. At some point Penny was on my lap, and she wanted to climb down, but only climb down on the side where Harrison's chair was of course, also known as the side where there was not even an inch of space for her little body. So she was kind of fighting me and I didn't know why, but I put her down on the other side anyway and that's when she starts losing it over the 'beetle' that was apparently waiting for her on the open side of my chair. Which I"m about 99.9% positive was a seed of some sort. She starts screaming and crying, totally ruining my margarita fun (Ole!) so since I had paid the bill already we just went to the car where she continued to hysterically cry for a good five minutes over how I let the 'beetle' 'get her'.
So fast forward to dinner tonight, I'm trying not to die from boredom while eating dinner with the same two people I've seen all day every day for the last four days, and trying to not break my self-imposed ban of looking at my phone while eating with the kids, so I ask them what their favorite part of the zoo was today. Harrison said 'Nothing' (which made me SO very glad that I sweated my ass off pushing one hundred pounds of stroller and kid all over the damn place in ninety degree heat) and Penny says 'My favorite part was when I saw that beetle at the restaurant.'
So yeah.
And then Jamie texts me and says 'It looks like you had a fun day today!'. I've got to start putting a bleaker outlook out there in Facebook land. Maybe I'll start taking pictures of 'beetles'. THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment