Tuesday, May 6, 2014

What inspires me

I've been wanting to write this post for some time now, but just haven't found the right words to express my feelings. But then before bed tonight, I read two little words that really inspired me- Go team!- and I thought, tonight is the night. The night to share some of the wisdom that is relayed to me one week a month via my tampon wrapper.

You see, my brand (some people have their brand of whiskey, I have my brand of tampon) is for the sport-minded woman (obviously, if you know nothing else about me you know that I am first and foremost sport-minded), and some person (man) on their design team decided it would be a good idea to keep the encouragement flowing to our nations female athletes while they themselves are flowing by writing inspirational messages on their tampon wrappers. (I will admit that first I thought it was a joke, but after years of purchasing them, I think that they are in fact, very, very serious about their duty as inspiration-spreaders.)  It never fails to delight and inspire me when I read 'Declare yourself a winner!', while I am trying to perform what should be a very private duty in front of two very curious preschoolers who I had to cram in the Target restroom stall with me for fear of abduction/looking bad in front of strangers. (I can't even begin to explain the questions I get and explanations I give as to what I'm doing, I'm afraid the FCC would fine me or something.) If there is one thing I am doing in that moment, it is winning.

Some other inspirational quotes include:

-Challenge yourself!
-Play by your own rules!
- Strive to do your best!
-Own it with confidence!
- Life is sport- Play to win!
or just simply
- Life is sport!

It's really hard to pinpoint with quote I find most inspiring me at this very special time of the month, when I am definitely at my physical fitness peak, but I'm leaning toward 'Own it with confidence.' Because if there is one thing I'm confident of, it is that I am owning it. Whatever it may be.Especially when I'm menstruating.

I have a few suggestions for the Playtex tampon wrapper design team, and I'd be happy to discuss my generous compensation if they like anything they see:

- Only a few more days!
- Menopause is coming! Like manna from heaven!
- Remember when you wished for this as a pre-teen! You fool!
- If you are reading this more than three times an hour, consult a physician immediately!
-Life is pain- Have more wine!

and so on and so forth.Go team!


No comments:

Post a Comment