This post is two-three weeks late depending on when I actually finish, but one of my fans (my aunt- that still counts as a fan, right?) asked to see pictures and I can't disappoint her. She has a nice pool that she lets me swim in so that would be bad for me.
We had the kids party at the same place we've had their party for the past three years- Stacy Park in Olivette. It's not far from home, has a HUGE pavilion (which came in handy this year), and TWO fun playgrounds for the kids. I love having it at the park because I can invite however many people I want (my criteria for whether or not you get an invite is if you have had contact with my kids during the year, so it can get out of control), it's too big to decorate, and I don't have to plan any games because the playground is basically one big game. It's the lazy mom's dream party location.
The party started off with rain. Then there was sun. Then rain. Then thunder and lightning. Then sun! And then the sun stayed! And the temperature dropped about 15 degrees during all the weather phenomenons, so it turned out to be a good thing. AND no one was struck by lightning so it was a really good thing.
 |
| I like how Andy is carrying my daughter instead of his own. Such a good friend. |
 |
| What's the best thing to do with set shoes? Run around in circles on slick concrete! |
 |
| Someone got hurt. Of course it's Penny. |
 |
| Eventually we just let them play in the rain. The things kids think are fun... |
Some of our guests:
 |
| Harmonie! Smiling! This literally never happens! Well I guess not literally. But mostly. |
 |
| Harry and his bestie. They really love each other. So sweet. |
 |
| This kid hates me, HATES me, he looks at me and literally bursts into tears. Clearly I was not the one taking the pictures. |
And then ALL of our kid guests (we bribed them with cake):
Cake is the number 2 reason I hold this party every year. We have VIP friends with a Costco membership, so they can hook us up with that sweet, sweet Costco cake, which is my number one favorite food. If I was on death row, my last meal would be an entire Costco cake and a pitcher of margaritas.We also had cupcakes, and the GD ants got into one of the cupcake carriers so I had to throw a dozen away. =( My dad was hard core pressuring me to brush the ants off and serve them anyway, and I really did consider it, but I didn't. But I really wanted to. A part of me died when I threw those 12 cupcakes in the trashcan.
 |
| This party is good birth control for childless people like my friend here. |
|
Apparently there was a rocket? I don't remember this part, and I guess I was busy doing hostess stuff during the rocket time. This is why it's great to have a wonderful, talented friend with an awesome camera take pictures for you! There's your child's birthday party hosting tip for the day. You're welcome.
 |
| Epic rocket-launching face |
 |
| Harry would not leave Papa Chuck's side. With pretty much all of his friends there, he only wanted to hang with him. It was so sweet. I think he should move in with him. |
Then at some point this happened:
 |
| I can't even begin to imagine what caused this. But is it wrong that it makes me laugh really hard? |
 |
| Awww, Uncle Chris to the rescue! |
We ended the party with a pinata, or two pinatas, a boy (red) one and a girl (purple) one. It was the perfect way to get rid of the tons of candy we had at our house. But unbeknownst to me, these pinatas were made of medal...they were a little hard to bust into.
 |
| Vivi is reaching for the stars! |
 |
| Oh Penny. No t-ball for her. |
 |
| She was making me a little nervous with the bat. |
 |
| Eventually we just started beating the hell out of it. |
 |
| And then we let Susan go to town. This pinata was no joke. |
 |
| Finally! |
 |
| I wasn't at the boy pinata, but it looked much less exciting. |
 |
| Future Cardinals player |
 |
| Candy from heaven! |
So that was the party! I figure we have one more year of the massive party before the kids start wanting to do their own. The first year we had extreme heat, last year it was freezing, this year it rained, so next year's gonna be perfect!
PS- Special thanks to Margery for taking over 600 pictures for me! It was great to not have to worry about it, and she really covered everything-some stuff I didn't even know happened. Thank you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment