Penny is way into jibber jabber. She will have entire conversations with herself that make absolutely no sense whatsoever but that sound like she is actually speaking a real language. It is a crazy talent, that hopefully she can use one day in the State Department or some place like that. She is also into rhyming real words with made up words and vice versa.
So on the way home this happened: (and writing some of these words makes me wildly uncomfortable, especially the T word, which I want to go on record and say that is my most loathed word followed closely by the C word, but I feel it's important to document these precious moments on the internet so the HR people at the State Department can see this when they're screening her for her job in 20 years.)
P- (jibberish...) Chick n' shit!
Me- What did you say?
P- Chick n' sex!
H- Chickensex?
Me- What did you say?
P- Chick n' dick! (she was really trying to find ALL the words that slightly rhyme with chick for some reason)
H- Chickendick?
Me- Penny that's enough chick talk.
P- jibber, jibber, jibber, quefe, jibber, jibber, chicksanddicks.
Me- (I can't stop laughing at this point.)
Pull in the driveway, Jamie is already there, he opens her door and I tell him through my tears that he really missed a great conversation on the way home.
J to P- What did you say?
P- Dicks and tits!
And then I blacked out from hilarity, but somehow Jamie kept it together and told her in his firm dad voice that these are not words we say, blah, blah, blah, at some point he asked me where she learned these (clearly, I taught her for my own amusement), and then she continued to rhyme much safer words than words that 'rhyme' with chicks, which is I think what she was trying to do the whole time. Who knew rhyming could be so risque?
No comments:
Post a Comment