Tuesday, June 10, 2014

O-H

We just got back from the most important state in the 2012 election- can you believe they let people go to such a magical place??? And I have actual real live family that LIVE in this wonderful place all the time- my parents own a home there!!! I bet you never knew that I was basically American royalty. I was actually really sad that I wasn't living there full-time during the election, all those Obama ads would have been heaven- I would have fast forwarded the shows just to see his handsome face.

Anyway, we went to visit my grandma and aunts and uncles, and to stay at the cabin, which is basically the kids favorite place on the planet. My dad (stepdad for those who know the difference and may be really confused) has always wanted a log home so he built one a few years back. It is next door to a cemetery, which was not at all creepy when H and P were babies and I would have to get up in the middle of the night and rock them back to sleep in the sunroom (which is about ten feet from a tombstone) so that they wouldn't wake up the whole house. I've read way too much Stephen King too enjoy precious moments like that.

And since I took a bunch of pictures, I decided to do a photo dump- enjoy!
 
My aunt and uncle have an awesome pool- it's heated which is a necessity for a pool in Ohio.

H doesn't realize he's wearing a woman's visor- no one tell him.


I am Penny's innertube. She reminds me so much of me in the pool at her age. Karma is a real bitch.



Get ready for it...

womp womp. But look at that pose, he thinks he's the shit.


It's not a trip to Ohio without a trip to Young's! Cheese curds and ice cream, what's not to love?

The sun was working against us here.

Lots of fun stuff to do at Young's, like sitting on a tractor...

and playing in corn! Seriously, H was having the time of his life. Someone give me a huge tub of corn for the backyard.

Here she comes...

still coming...

I fell asleep at this point...

but I woke up just in time...

to get ran over!

She's so happy about vehicular assault.

We need one of these for the backyard. Next to the tub of corn.




Sad...

happy!

I think Young's should pay me one million dollars for this awesome promotional photo.

I'll even take half a million.

I can't get over the size of these goats. I'm used to the rabid baby goats at Grant's Farm.

I don't think I even knew that goats have tails like this.



Playing at the cabin in the morning, we had beautiful weather.



My mom got the kids squirt guns. ???

My aunt threw a birthday party for the kids, it was so nice! She even had decorations and FROZEN! plates for cupcakes!





And there were presents!





And of course we have to 'help' Papa mow the lawn.


Reggie gets to drive by himself!
We had a really nice visit, the weather was perfect and all four cousins got along (until the ride home, but I"m going to focus on the positive.) I like that we have a country-type place for the kids to go to, even if it is six hours away. And has terrible Wi-fi. But there is corn? And cows?

I-O!

No comments:

Post a Comment