It's been a long time, no blog, so here's what we've been up to this month:
- I've been watching a lot of My 600-lb Life, I came across it at the Y one day since we don't have cable, but much to my delight I discovered that it is on Huluplus. I don't know why I like it; it's kind of horrifying and disturbing, and it doesn't always end in a success story so it's not like it's necesarily uplifting. But it is motivating to watch while working out and most of the time I'll keep working out longer just to see how it ends, and Jamie was complaining about going to work and I told him about this idea I got while watching an episode the other day where the woman got disability because of her size and her husband couldn't work because he had to take care of her all the time and they were making do, and I told him that I would be willing to do that for him, he just had to give me a few months, but he found my idea not really that exciting so I feel like it is also motivating him to go to work and be happy that his job is sitting at a computer and not rolling me on and off my bedpan five times a day (although with my bladder it would probably be more like ten times a day). Everybody wins.
- The kids went to Magic House camp which they loved. I feel like they received little to no science instruction at their Baptist preschool so the two weeks they're getting at camp this summer make up for two years right? RIGHT? They started two weeks of Bridgeton day camp this week and they both said they wanted to go back tomorrow so yay for that. They are separated by gender, and this is the first time I think they have actually ever been separated so you know that went really well with Penny. When I dropped them off, Harry was handed a donut immediately by a kid in his group (who I'm assuming brought them in for his birthday?) and Penny was handed nothing except the separation anxiety she carries with her constantly, so we all got a treat! But like any caring mother, I left her in the capable hands of her two sixteen-year-old counselors and got to the Y as fast as I could to not miss a minute of my show. My 600-lb Life.Have I mentioned I've been watching that show?
- We are going camping this weekend and I'm not dreading it. I am obsessively checking the forecast, which I've heard helps you have the weather that you want. We are going with our good friends, and we're going to Elephant Rocks, and camping to me equals drinking all day but you never really feel it because you are just sweating constantly, so I don't know if you could say I"m excited but maybe we could go as far as saying I'm exci.
- My sister had another baby, a girl, Envy Grayce. So I'm a Teetee again. Yep.
No comments:
Post a Comment