We survived our first week (if you count a week as five non-consecutive days) of kindergarten!!!! Huzzah!!!! So I feel like a family check-in is in order:
First Penny-
-She loves kindergarten. She has a new best friend every day, and loves learning the letter of the day and the little dance move that goes with it. She loves riding the bus and today a boy named Michael gave her a 'friend ticket' (which was a Chuck E. Cheese ticket) and told her it meant she could sit by him on the bus. This did not make daddy or Harry happy, but I think it's cute. This week is color week where every day they wear a different color, (which is probably the most stressful thing going on in my life currently- what is Harry going to wear on pink day and purple day? And why is white day a thing? What kindergarten mom buys white clothes for their kids?), but she lives for 'special days' like this so she is in heaven. She sits at the girls table at lunch, plays hide and seek at recess, and asked her teacher what her first AND middle name are (Kim and Ann). She has not 'lost a cube' yet, which is their 2015 version of getting your name on the board. She has no idea what any other teacher's name is, but knows that the principal is Mr. Casner and that he is nice. And while she still wishes her school's mascot was a wildcat, she is adjusting to being a Bridgeway Bulldog.
Now Harry-
- He likes kindergarten. He was very excited for his 'break' on Friday, which normal people would call a weekend, but he called a break. I guess when you've lived your whole life as basically one long weekend, the whole concept is hard to grasp. He asked me at the bus stop on Monday morning when the next break was and I tried to once again explain the concept of the weekend, but he said, Nooo, I mean a long break, and this is the first full week of school folks. And then this morning he said, Mom, I want to be like you, and for a moment I'm all 'Awww, he really respects and loves me and thinks I'm an amazing human being,' and so I said Why and he said Because you get to stay home all day. So the next thirteen years are just going to be a blast for him! I always said I could home school him but not Penny, but I value my sanity more than my children so I will home school no one. The best day thus far was yesterday for him when they went to the library, and got to check out TWO books and if he brings them back Thursday he'll get to check out TWO more books. Like he's never been to the library before and doesn't have shelves upon shelves of books. But hey, whatever gets him excited, makes me excited. And he told my mom and me that his PE teacher's name is Jim again tonight, even though everyone has told him 100 times that it is not. Maybe he'll learn his name by spring break.
- He also had his first soccer practice last week and... there is now no denying that he inherited my running ability. Or should I say lack of ability. And when I told him he had practice tomorrow (his second ever), he had a heavy sigh in response. I don't foresee a long career of little league soccer, which really upsets me because there's nothing I enjoy more than waking up early to sit on the surface of the sun and watch children kick a ball. Really. I'm heartbroken. BUT we saw a bald eagle flying over the field at practice which was pretty cool, AND soccer is costing us zero dollars because his team is doing a raffle for some Cardinals tickets and he works with a bunch of suckers who bought them all, like they really think they're going to win these baseball tickets. Cardinals fans. So naive. So full of hope. But hey, I was fully prepared to just write a check and throw the raffle tickets in the trash so I'm pumped! Go Cards!
Then Jamie-
- He is currently sleeping in the recliner, with the recliner being in upright and seated position, even though I told him to go to bed, but he never listens to me. I bet if I said Hey, you should continue to sleep in that recliner, I LOVE it when you do that, he would have jumped up and gone to bed. I love him so much right now. Actually, this is all coming out of my extreme jealousy of his ability to fall asleep anywhere at any time. To dreeeeeam... the impossible dreeeeeeam...
- His work is having an 80's theme party on Friday which I HATE already because Why God Why? Why have a themed corporate party, just to make all the wives hunt around every thrift store in the area looking for stupid clothes they're never going to wear again? I think that is really the only reason. And when I told Jamie I looked around today and couldn't find anything and did he really even care about dressing up anyway, he said Yes. Yes he wanted to. Is there a box for this in an online divorce form? Who wants to 'dress up' as an adult? Not me. And why the 80's, I mean we are basically back in the 80's as far as fashion (minus the shoulder pads, may they rest in peace and NEVER come back), so I could basically go to any department store or H&M and get a full outfit, but then will I offend someone who has that outfit for real? I found some denim vests today at Red Racks, did people wear denim vests in 80's or was that the 90's? When will my boobs ever fit in a vest? Are vests back? These are all questions I need to know before I go to sleep tonight. I really just want to magically find some stonewashed jeans in my size (do they make them in a double zero?) and a Guns N Roses t-shirt and call it a day. Who can help me? Is there a personal shopper for thrift stores?
And last, but certainly not least, me-
- I did a google image search for euphoria and the first sub-category was fedora. And then there was this:
this:
and mostly this:
I think I could spend all day doing google image searches and never be let down. What the hell do fedora's have to do with being euphoric?
But I am euphoric, this whole lady of leisure thing is pretty fan-freaking-tastic. Although I do have a subbing job for four days next week, which I'm really pumped about. Students have a long history of respecting and listening to substitute teachers, so I know it will be the easiest job I've ever had. Right?
Until then, me and my fedora will be chilling at home and watching Netflix. Euphoric.

No comments:
Post a Comment