Monday, December 9, 2013

All I want for Christmas...

DISCLAIMER- Don't let anyone who believes in Santa Claus read this. I don't know why you would, but I feel compelled to warn you just in case. 

Let me start by saying that at first, I hated this title thing on this blog. But now- I am totally embracing it. In case you haven't noticed all the cleverness that has been going on.

This is normally something I would post on Facebook, but I just posted something and I don't want to do a double post in a matter of minutes and seem like a bigger loser than I already am. Plus one of the purposes of this blog is to help me remember things about the kids when I'm old and senile, and this is a semi-cute story.  If you are the mother of the child. For everyone else it is probably boring and pointless.

H wants a spaceship for Christmas. From Santa. I have already bought him just about everything else in the world except a spaceship. I was kind of waiting him out to see if he conveniently mentioned something that is already in my basement like a lego table or toy tractors, but no- he still wants a spaceship. I have no idea where this is coming from, as we don't watch any space-related Disney Jr. shows and have yet to see Toy Story. Which are clearly the only two places that a three-year-old boy would be introduced to space by mediocre parents. Apparently he hasn't learned how boring space is yet. Or a love of space is in his genes as Jamie has a man crush on Neil Degrasse Tyson. That's gotta be it- genetics.

(I just remembered I have ANOTHER semi-cute story about his spaceship wish, so brace yourself for TWO- TWO!- spaceship stories. (story's? I'm going to need to take a Community College class on grammar before I go back to work because I have completely forgotten everything I once knew.))

Story number one-

I had a friend look for a spaceship for me at a local consignment sale, and she found one and sent me a picture of it through text-based-messaging. It is a colorful Mickey Mouse-type spaceship. Somehow, H saw this on my phone, I'm still not really sure because as far as I know he does not know how to access my text messages, but perhaps his skills are evolving rapidly. Anyway, he asked Jamie what it was and he told him it was a spaceship. That night, he brought up the spaceship again and asked why it was on my phone. I told him I took a picture of it so I could show Santa so he knows what to get him for Christmas. (Pretty smart, right???) He then told me that No- he did not want THAT kind of spaceship, he wants a black and white one.  And I said, Well, what if Santa got you that one anyway? and he said, No, Santa will bring him a black and white one because that's what a spaceship looks like.

So now I'm going to go from having zero spaceships in my house to two. Merry freaking Christmas.

Story number two-

We have a Christmas party every year and this year Santa came to our party as added fun for all/extreme stress for me. I bought puzzles for Santa to hand out, and when he was done I told the kids that Santa was going to leave soon and if you wanted to say anything to him, now was the time. So H comes up to him and says something we can't hear, and so I lean down to hear what he says and he's asking 'Where's my spaceship?' And then it dawned on me that I've been telling him for months that Santa will come to our house and leave him a spaceship for Christmas, and right now, Santa is literally in his house, with no spaceship on hand. What a crushing blow to a little boy's dream. What a horrible, horrible mother I am. I should be fired. Or maybe I should just resign...

PS- P wants a Princess Laptop and I found one at Once Upon a Child for $6.50 that literally says PRINCESS LAPTOP on the top of it. So at least her Christmas wish hasn't been a giant pain in the ass. Penny- one, Harry- zero.




No comments:

Post a Comment