I watch a lot of crappy TV. I have definitely scaled back in the last three and a half years, but some shows still remain. Probably the worst of the worst is Vanderpump Rules. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can call yourself smarter than me because this show sucks the brain cells right out of you. It is SO SO SO fake that it is almost painful to watch, yet extremely fascinating. If I had a time machine, I would use it to jump forward and see what these crazy idiots are doing twenty years from now, hell even TWO years from now, when they're not remotely 'famous' anymore. Because they are embarrassing themselves on the regular on this show. I also watch all the Real Housewives (except Miami, I'm not sure why, I have nothing against Miami, I just never got into it), but at least the women on this show are grown, so they are more fully aware of the fools they are making of themselves. Hopefully.
I have also been a devoted Young and the Restless fan for an undisclosed number of years (when I typed it out and looked at it, it made me feel too old to actually publish to the world). I used to write letters home to my mom from church camp asking her what was going on with the show, so that should give you an idea. Soap operas are basically the best TV ever because you can literally stop watching for months or even years, come back to it, and it should only take you a week to catch up. Not that stories don't progress, but the characters are always the same. Ageless, timeless. Except the children, they all have whatever disease/magic Benjamin Button had. But this year, the oldest character on the show died in real life and obviously they had to write her off on the show and I cried, cried, cried. Even writing about it brings tears to my eyes. So clearly this is the best show on television.
Some other great shows that I watch are 60 Minutes, Walking Dead, Parks and Rec, Downton Abbey, American Horror Story, Bob's Burgers, The Mindy Project (which is my favorite new show), The Daily Show and Colbert, and of course Mad Men. Which is on the other end of the spectrum from Vanderpump Rules. And Homeland and Game of Thrones and Veep when they are on. And Kroll Show, which is great and you should totally watch it. And Workaholics, which is also great and you should totally watch it. And I've started watching Senifeld again.
But mostly I watch Doc McStuffins. Because I have preschoolers.
This whole post took 20 minutes to right, and STILL, no one has came to my house and wrapped all the presents that are staring at me from the floor right now. I hate wrapping. What other boring thing can I write about in order to procrastinate more?
No comments:
Post a Comment