Sunday, November 3, 2013

Child-free weekend

As I wrote the title for this post, I was struck by inspiration and genius. I'm going to run for governor of Missouri, and replace the tax-free weekend with a child-free weekend! That will be my only platform, the only thing on my campaign-signs. I have no idea how to accomplish it, but it has such a nice ring to it, don't you think?

Anyway, we had a child-free weekend and it. was. glorious. GLORIOUS! We have had child-free weekends before, but this one was extra special because we didn't have anything we HAD to do. Anytime H and P are being babysat or staying the night somewhere it's because we have something to do/somewhere to go. Not having plans already was wonderful, even though I quickly filled the itenerary (I'm a bit of a social planner). We went to dinner and a movie on Friday, and actually walked around the mall and shopped a bit. It was fun. A lot of fun. Jamie and I don't get many nights out with just the two of us, and it reminded me of when we were dating and why I fell in love with him to begin with and why I still love him. (Cue the violins).

Saturday I visited with two of my very best friends, one for breakfast and one at her house during her son's nap time. I am so very lucky to have friends like these, and I hate not being able to spend as much quality time as I would like with them. So it was great to catch up with both of them, and I also discovered that a Venti Pumpkin Spice Latte is only 20 cents more than a Grande AND (I'm assuming) less calories because of magic and wishes, which is all life-changing information.

That night Jamie and I went out with friends that we have not seen together since New Years Eve. That's 10 whole months. But as it is with old friends, it was like no time had passed at all and to make a long, super fun night short, we didn't get home until 3:30 or 2:30 am depending on the time change. There was Rumchata. And Champagne. Which is an excellent combination.


So that was my weekend. We went and got the kids early this afternoon and I was happier to see them than they were to see me. They were trying to hide when it was time to go; they have a lot of fun at Papa and Grandma's house and we are very lucky to have willing and able grandparents who live nearby to give Jamie and I a break. I feel relaxed, rejuvenated, and ready to face another week with twin toddlers. Now can we do this again soon, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment