Penny had an awesome day for doing or saying stuff that I want to remember. And now with this wonderful invention called a blog, I can!
Adorable/annoying thing number one:
We had spaghetti for dinner. This used to be one of the one and a half things P would reliably eat. Now she basically treats it like poison. So tonight, I'm doing my usual negotiation and bribing with eating, (she wanted to put more Parmesan cheese on the spaghetti that she wasn't going to eat) and I told her that if she took a bite of spaghetti, she could have more cheese. Her reply:
'Okay, but take out the noodles.'
HA! Hilarious but infuriating because she was totally serious. And she ate zero bites of spaghetti.
Adorable/concerning thing number two:
Before bed P went pee on the little potty, which involves taking off her pants and underwear. So I was sitting on the ground waiting to redress her, I handed her some toilet paper, she wiped herself and then...
kissed the toilet paper that she just wiped herself with.
What. in. the. world is that about? And then when I told her not to do it and had a bit of a large and horrified reaction, she ran off crying but then came back and before she put the toilet paper in the potty, kissed it again. Something is seriously wrong here.
Just plain adorable thing/but also wildly inappropriate but I'm going to share it anyway thing number three:
Today Harrison told me I had big boobs. He is so observant. I was telling the story to Jamie and Penny must have been listening because later this happened while I was blow-drying her hair:
P- Why do you have boobs?
Me- Women have breasts to feed their babies. When you were a baby, I made milk for you and it came out of my breasts.
P- (looks down my shirt) They're dripping!
They weren't dripping. They haven't dripped in a looooooong time. So she is obviously very confused. But she also kisses her pee toilet paper, so really- I can't be surprised.
Cherished memories, every one.
No comments:
Post a Comment