- Vacation. Not just any vacation, a girls trip. Jamie is going on a guys skiing trip so clearly by the law of fairness, I get a girls anti-skiing trip. Skiing is basically the worst thing ever. I have had to be skied (this can't be the right spelling, but apparently it is), backward down a mountain on a stretcher thing by an actual skier, to the little clinic, where we learned that my boots weren't strapped down all the way, thus causing me all kinds of problems. If those boots were strapped correctly- gosh- imagine the possibilities! I could be going to Sochi right now! Except, of course I wouldn't because of Putin, and human rights, and mostly Obama.
Anyway. Vacation. I feel like I've told a number of my friends that we should go on a girls trip. If I went on a girls trip with everyone I wanted to go on a girls trip with, I'd be gone most of the year. Which would just be terrible. TERRIBLE! So here's my genius idea- I'm going to plan a trip to somewhere warm (not hot, no warmer than 80 degrees), with a beach, people bringing you drinks, and most importantly- no children. Then, I'm going to tell everyone that I've ever talked about a girls trip with and whoever can make it, makes it. I'm usually not a group mixer but I think it could work in this situation. Everyone could just do whatever the hell they wanted, when they wanted, and we would all just be in the same location. With a swim-up bar. Did I forget to mention that? Oh, and most importantly- no bikinis. Everyone must wear a swimsuit with a skirt. Who's in?
- Buying a new house. I like my house. I like (?) my street (the baby-cusser moved out, so I'm no longer in fear for my or my children's lives and no one has broken into our home in two years). I am cool with where the kids will go to school.
However.
We have no closets. We only have one bathroom. We don't have a garage or even a carport. These have all become deal breakers for me in the last month, and although I know we will not be even able to think about moving for at least another year, I've been looking at houses for sale online. Which makes total sense!!!!!!!!!!!!
But then.
There's the QT. I feel like this QT is like my baby, I'm watching it grow from crappy buildings next to Church's chicken, to a fence, to a sign, to a huge pile of dirt, and now a huge pile of dirt with a seemingly random brick wall which I'm sure is going to serve a very important purpose. And it will be hard to leave my sweet baby- so very, very hard- but I know that this QT will increase our home value by at LEAST $20,000, because who wouldn't want to be able to have the Mecca of gas stations in sight distance from their back porch? But if that surprisingly doesn't happen, then there is:
- Me going back to work in some way. If I got a job, 100% of my income could go towards a down payment on a new house. My mom is retiring at the end of this school year, so I will have a reliable option for somewhere for H and P to go for childcare during the day. I could sub, subs actually make $95 a day, but substitute teaching falls somewhere between the 8th and 9th circle of Hell. My fantasy is being a part of a job share situation, which is amazing, but not easy to arrange. Especially since I'm not currently an employee of any school district. Minor problem, right?
So these are the three things that I'm torturing myself with. If anyone would like to plan a vacation, buy my house, and get me a job sharing position, I would owe you big time. TIA!
No comments:
Post a Comment